Its all in the dressing with this fresh and simple salad.
Sometimes we get caught up in complicated recipes that take forever to prepare and make, when the simplest ones can often be the most delicious. This salad is a simple combination of shrimps/prawns , cherry tomatoes, spring onions, mint and lemon, but the dressing is the star of the show. A delicious mixture of Thai flavours makes this great for a summer lunchtime meal. Serve with a large green salad and you are good to go.
Add a hint of chilli to spice up your salads. Chillis contain up to seven times the vitamin C level of an orange and has so many health benefits. It helps fight sinus congestion, aids digestion and can help relieve migraines and muscle, joint and nerve pain. It is also considered to be a metabolism booster for weight loss, as well as being a great source of vitamins A and E, beta-carotene, folic acid and potassium.
- 1 Tablespoon peanut oil
- 12 uncooked prawns/shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tsp. finely grated lemon rind
- 4 spring onions
- 12 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- a handful of mint sprigs to serve
- THAI DRESSING
- 4 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- juice of 1 lemon or 2 limes
- 2 Tablespoons red Thai curry paste
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok , add the prawns and stir fry for a minute or two until cooked. Allow to cool. Add squeeze of lemon and lemon rind at this stage.
- Mix together all the Thai salad dressing and shake to combine, making sure that the sugar dissolves.
- In a serving bowl add prawns, tomatoes, and spring onion.
- Pour dressing over and toss.
- Serve topped with mint.