I have discovered this amazing site called MINDFOOD that sends me a daily recipe. Firstly, the name, Mindfood, just makes you think everything on it has to be good for you, and believe me the recipes are sensational. I have been trying out a few, and these delicious chicken, sesame and zucchini patties are great for lunchtime, a light supper, or made into small rissoles for cocktails and snacks. I served them with fresh guacomole , sweet chilli sauce, and a vegetable couscous.
I love that they are spicy from the chillis, coriander, and cumin and have the tang of the lemon zest, with the nutty taste of the sesame seeds. They can be prepared beforehand, and left in the fridge until 15 minutes before eating. They are flash fried and then baked for 10 minutes in a moderate oven. Easy !!!!!!
Chicken and Zucchini Rissoles
Recipe type: Chicken and Appertizers
These spicy chicken rissoles require a little effort in preparation but are best prepared before and cooked just before eating. Great for a cocktail party or with drinks if made small.
- 500g chicken mince
- 4 small grated zucchini
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 red chilli, chopped and seeded
- 2 tablespoons coriander chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil for cooking
- Grate the zucchini and place in a bowl with the breadcrumbs.
- Add crushed garlic, chopped and seeded chilli, cumin, chopped coriander, zest of 1 lemon, salt and cracked black pepper.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a non stick pan. Lightly browned on medium heat.
- Add the chicken mince and egg and combine .
- Divide the mixture into 8 large patties or 12 medium sized ones.
- Store in refrigeration for ½ hour or until needed.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a non stick pan and cook the rissoles on both sides until browned - about 2 minutes each side.
- Place on a lined baking tray and cook for 10 minutes in a medium oven 180ºC (350ºF). Dont cook for any longer as the rissoles can become hard and dried out.
- You want them to remain moist.
- Serve with guacomole and sweet chilli sauce.