What makes Melting Moment cookies so irresistible? They are one of those old fashioned cookies that everyone remembers from their childhood – soft , melt in your mouth morsels that make you go back for more and more. This is an easy to bake, eggless sweet treat which requires very little effort.
Add a little lime zest to your mixture which will give an extra zing to your tastebuds. These are great bite sized, pop in your mouth cookies to serve with tea or coffee.
This is a quick post before I leave for my trip back to South Africa. Sunny California has been good to me – I have loved the people, the food, the laughs, and the great times I have shared with my beautiful family over the past 5 weeks. But now its time to prepare myself for the two 12 hour flights ahead, which gives me plenty of time to work on some great new recipe ideas. I’ll be back in my kitchen cooking up a storm in the not too distant future.
- 170g ¾ cup or 1½ sticks butter ( room temperature)
- ⅓ cup confectioners' sugar
- Finely grated zest of 2 limes or lemons
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 150g or (1¾ cups plus 2 tablespoons) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- Extra confectioners sugar for dusting
- Place butter and confectioners sugar (icing sugar) in an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and beat on medium speed until pale in colour.
- Add the finely grated lime zest, juice and vanilla essence and whisk until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl mix together sifted flour, cornflour and salt.
- Add this to the butter mixture on low speed until combined.
- Divide dough in two and roll each into 12inch logs.
- Wrap in clingwrap or grease proof paper and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, until cold and firm.
- While this is chilling heat your oven to 170ºC(350ºF)
- Cut into ¼-inch-thick rounds. Space rounds 1 inch apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cookies until barely golden, about 13 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool slightly, 8 to 10 minutes.
- While still warm, toss cookies in extra sived confectioners sugar.
- Cookies can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Oh, how beautiful. I’m having a melting moment just by looking at them. Have a safe travel..
Home safe thanks Ratna. Back to the kitchen for me.
Oh! melting moments are indeed irresistible. It is also a great way to get kids into the kitchen. Love that these are eggless and with a twist – lime zest. So glad you enjoyed your time in a place I used to call home. Unforgettable California and its unmatched west coast. Safe travels, Ev!
This is pure comfort food Ev, my mouth is watering, literally! And here you come again with your beautiful photography and cute props. Love the teacup, so charming, I want one of those for myself!
Thanks so much for your support and kind words Georgina.