Penne Pasta with grilled peppers and chilli
1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
1 orange pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
2 cloves garlic minced
1 red onion, chopped roughly
1/4 cup basil leaves , chopped
A generous amount of balsamic vinegar(a few tablespoons)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Cut peppers into chunks and grill in olive oil until soft. Remove from pan.
2. Grill chunks of red onion until soft.
3. Return the peppers to the griddle pan and add garlic, and salt, and cook until garlic is combined
with the peppers and onion.
4. Turn heat to low and add the balsamic vinegar and allow it to coat the pepper mix.
5. Cook the penne in a large pot of salted boiling water. Cook until el dente , drain in a colander.
6. Toss the pasta in bowl with a generous helping of olive oil, and serve with the peppers on top.
7. At this stage add the basil, for colour, taste and decoration, and the freshly ground black pepper.
8. Add finely chopped chillies if desired, for an extra bit.
8. Place grated Parmesan cheese on the table for those who eat cheese.