When I tell you this deliciously rich, no bake Chocolate nut and raspberry fridge cake is the ultimate treat, and super easy to make, I really mean it. Plus as an added bonus it has some surprisingly healthy ingredients in it. So break out a slab of dark chocolate or two and get your freshest nuts for an overnight cake that will knock the socks off any other chocolate dessert you have tasted in a very long time.
The chocolate and raspberry filling is a perfect combination which I absolutely love, and this filling can be used for a variety of other desserts. The raspberry does amazing things to the taste of the chocolate, so make sure you have this very important ingredient.
Yes, it does have cream and chocolate in it, but its all about the amazing base, made with almonds and cashews, dates, syrup, coconut oil and cacao ( or cocoa powder if you can’t get cacao). These are blended together to form a thick base, which when chilled in the fridge forms a delicious crust for the chocolate filling. Its a totally different taste to your basic fridge cake recipe , so why not try it and see what you think. You will be pleasantly surprised.
The base is sprinkled with toasted macadamia nuts and then topped with the chocolate filling, and then refrigerated overnight. Serve with a dash of vanilla bean ice cream or as is.
Its also fabulous for an afternoon tea. Its rich so you will only need small slices which makes it go a lot further.
- 1 cups (60g)raw almonds
- ⅔cup (100g)cashews
- 8 dates (140g) pips removed
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder, extra for dusting (or cocoa powder)
- 2 tblsp rice malt syrup( or maple syrup)
- 1tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200ml cream
- 1½cups (185g) frozen raspberries
- 200g block dark chocolate
- 200g block milk chocolate
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, roasted plus extra to serve
- ice cream to serve
- Grease and line base and sides of 20cm springform cake pan.
- Put almonds, and cashews into food processor and chop. Add dates, cacao, syrup, oil and vanilla and combine until ingredients form a paste. Press into base of pan and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Combine cream,and raspberies in a pot over medium heat . Break the two blocks of chocolate into a large heatproof glass bowl.
- Once cream/raspberry mixture reaches boiling point pour through a seive into the bowl of chocolate. Mush the raspberries through the seive and discard the seeds. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Cool slightly.
- Chop macadamias and sprinkle over base of refrigerated cake base.
- Pour chocolate mixture over. Refrigerate overnight to set. Remove cake from pan and transfer to a serving plate, dust with extra cacao.
- Serve chilled with vanilla ice cream and extra macadamias.