I don’t make cake pops for the simple reason that I don’t have to. Why would any one in their right mind make them when they live in the same town as Candice Courtney of So Whipped. These beautiful little Christmas Pops are her creation.
Candice makes the most stunning gourmet cakes, cupcakes and cake and chocolate pops for weddings, birthdays, baby showers, or any occasion you may be having. She doesn’t only make cakes but if you are needing cookies, meringues, or macaroons , she can do that too.
See Candice at Wonder Market in Durban
www.WonderMarket.co.za for December dates
Candice can be contacted on +27837163706
or check out her face book page at https://www.facebook.com/HaveAMoment
or email her at Candice@SoWhipped.co.za
Cake Pops for Christmas
Recipe type: Cakes
- 1 box cake mix or your choice
- 2 tablespoons frosting (or more if necessary)
- chocolate for dipping
- Once you have baked the cake according to the box recipe allow to cool and then crumble until it resembles fine crumbs.
- Add your frosting a little at a time so that you get the right consistency - you cake is moist enough to hold a ball shape.
- Scoop out small amounts of cake mixture and make into perfect balls with your hands.
- Melt the dipping chocolate and dip the tip of the ake pop sticks into the chocolate and insert into the tightly made cake balls, so that it goes about half the way up.
- Freeze for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the pops are in the freezer, melt the dipping chocolate in the microwave or on the stove in a double boiler
- Take the pops from the freezer and dip carefully into the chocolate, twirl and allow excess chocolate to drip off. Have something handy that you can stand the sticks into. A piece of thick polystyrene is perfect because it will hold all the pops . If you dont have that use an upside down colander.
- Add your decoration while the chocolate is still wet so that it sticks to the chocolate.
- Once again place the pops into the freezer to speed up the drying process.
[…] Get tutorial: Shades of Cinnamon […]