This is a quick last minute dessert which takes minutes to put together and yet looks like you have been working at it for hours. I served it with my gluten-free almond tuiles from last week, which balances the tangy lemon curd and rich mascarpone mousse.
Here is the lemon curd recipe which I make on a regular basis, and you will always find a jar in my fridge. If you don’t want to make it, get a jar from the store.
The Gluten Free almond tuiles recipe is Here. They are great with any dessert or just with coffee. And if you don’t want to bake biscuits, grab some crispy biscuit cigars, but I do suggest you use some form of biscuit with this dessert as it is very rich and decadent.
This mousse can be served without the lemon curd by just adding assorted berries, or layer it with chunks of your favourite chocolate. Its fabulous to use as a filling for a sponge cake as its soft and fluffy and not too sweet. The possibilites are endless.
- 1¼ cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup pouring cream
- ½ cup Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- I jar of lemon curd (recipe on my blog)
- Whip the mascarpone cheese and cream together.
- Sift the powdered sugar into this mixture.
- Add vanilla essence and taste.
- Layer 1 tablespoon of lemon curd into a jar or glass
- Add 4 Tablespoons of Mousse over the curd and decorate with lemon rind or berries.