These little babies pack a big punch, with loads of healthy nuts, wheatgerm, oats, coconut and the sweet taste of cranberries. They are crunchy from the nuts, yet soft and chewy at the same time, and are great for an energy boosting snack .
Perfect for healthy lunch box treats or to take on the road with you, I cant stress how easy they are to make.
I made these with pecans and walnuts, with my favourite cranberries, but you could replace the cranberries with raisins if you wish. Once the nuts are chopped its as simple as putting all the dry ingredients into a bowl, adding the nuts and cranberries and then mixing in the heated almond butter, coconut oil and vanilla. Then bake for 30 minutes. So easy, so simple and so delicious.
Enjoy your Sunday where ever your path may lead you.
- 1½ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup oatmeal or almond meal
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup wheat germ
- ½ cup dessicated coconut
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- Preheat ovan to 175ºC/250ºF.
- Line a 20cmx20cm pan with baking paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together - oats, oatmeal, coconut sugar, wheatgerm, coconut, salt and cinnamon.
- Chop pecans, walnuts and add to dried cranberries, mix into the dry ingredients.
- Melt coconut oil in a small pan together with almond butter. Remove from stove and add the vanilla extract.
- Mix all together with a wooden spoon and press firmly into baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before lifting from the baking tray onto a wire rack to cool.
- Before completely cooled, cut into squares.