These little granola cups can be filled with loads of interesting things. Natural yoghurt with cinnamon and blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries and cherries would be my first choice, but fill them with anything that takes your fancy, and they are good to go. Lemon curd with cream and grated lemon zest, nutella for the kids, or yoghurt topped with thinly sliced beetroot fresh mint and a drizzle of honey.
I baked mine in muffin trays, but you could make them bigger and use loose bottomed tart pans. One large one would make an impressive display for a large breakfast gathering.
They store well in an airtight container for up to a few days.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup dessicated (fine) coconut
- ¼ cup raw almonds ( ground but not too fine)
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons red rice syrup(or agave or maple syrup)
- 2 Tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 175ºF/350ºC.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix almond butter and your syrup and add to the dry ingredients.
- Mix with your hands to form a firm ball.
- Grease muffin trays with a spray and cook.
- Press the mixture into each muffin cup making sure it takes the form of the cup and is solid. Loose pieces will just breakoff and your cup will not be perfect.
- Bake for 7-10minutes until golden.
- Cool in the trays and then remove with a sharp knife.
- Fill with yoghurt and berries/ banana/ or dried fruit