Breakfast is the most important meal of your day, so spend a little time making it special. This healthy breakfast option will only take a few minutes extra, and you will be so glad you made the effort. Brush a little olive oil onto a few slices of ciabatta bread, and toast it on a steaming hot griddle pan. While the pan is still hot add the asparagus and chargrill for a few minutes. Poach your eggs while the asparagus is cooking – place them on top of the toast , and shave slices of parmesan cheese over the eggs. Add a few basil leaves and you have a breakfast thats different and delicious.
Enjoy your day !!!!!
- 2 large slices of ciabatta
- olive oil
- 6 large or 12 small asparagus spears
- 2 large eggs
- Parmesan cheese
- Basil leaves
- Brush the ciabatta with olive oil. Heat a griddle pan until very hot and toast your ciabatta. Make sure to watch it so that it doesnt burn.
- Griddle the asparagus on each side until cooked but still firm, and place on your toast.
- Poach eggs for 3 minutes in simmering water with a dash of vinegar, and remove and drain on absorbant paper. Place gently on top of the asparagus.
- Sprinkle with cracked black pepper, shavings of parmesan cheese, and basil leaves.